Jude Bellingham reveals David Beckham message after Real Madrid transfer

Forum 9 months ago

Jude Bellingham reveals David Beckham message after Real Madrid transfer

Jude Bellingham has revealed David Beckham wished him 'all the best' after making a blockbuster move to Real Madrid.

The midfielder was snapped up by Los Blancos earlier this summer, signing a six-year deal at the club after Real Madrid agreed to part with more than €100m for his services.

In signing for Real Madrid, Bellingham became just the sixth English player to ever join the 14-time UEFA Champions League winners, and the first since Jonathan Woodgate joined from Newcastle United in August 2004.

Perhaps the most high-profile English player to have plied their trade at the Santiago Bernabeu is Beckham, who made 155 appearances for Los Blancos between 2003 and 2007 during the club's 'Galatico' era.

Speaking to PA, Bellingham revealed that Beckham sent him a message to wish him all the best at Real Madrid.

"David Beckham messaged me briefly to wish me all the best," he said.

"It is one of those moves where everyone has their input from the outside so you do hear a lot of things and advice, I am quite good at filtering out the good from the bad, so far it has been really positive from ex-players.

"I will try and take that on board and at some point maybe get in touch with them and see how they adapted to life in Spain."

Bellingham also said that he doesn't feel pressure from being the first English player to join Real Madrid since 2004, adding: "[Pressure] follows you everywhere. People are saying to me there is pressure on the move, but wherever I was going to take my next step there was going to be pressure.

"It's one of those things that I get the chance to enjoy because I'm under it so much - it's all about finding ways of coping and I'm having a great time trying."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Lazio target summer move for Super Eagles midfielder
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Lazio target summer move for Super Eagles midfielder

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit
Forum | 3 days ago

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple
Forum | 3 days ago

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham