Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Transfer: Beckham names ‘best player in the world’ as Messi joins Inter Miami

Forum 10 months ago

Transfer: Beckham names ‘best player in the world’ as Messi joins Inter Miami

Former Manchester United midfielder, David Beckham has hailed Lionel Messi as the best player in the world ahead of his move to Inter Miami.

Beckham has also spoken about the “massive moment” that allowed him to sign Messi for the Major League Soccer (MLS) side.

The former England captain is the co-owner of the Florida-based MLS franchise.

Messi is set to officially join the club on Wednesday on a free transfer after leaving Paris Saint-Germain.

The seven-time Ballon d’Or winner reportedly turned down offers from former club Barcelona and Saudi Arabia.

Speaking to The Athletic, Beckham said: “I have always said, from the word go, that if I had the opportunity to bring the best players in the game to Miami, at whatever time of their careers, I would do that. I have always made that commitment to our fans.

“So when I hear that one of the best players — if not the best player — who has won everything in the game, who is still a great player, still young and still doing what he’s doing, wants to play for my team, it’s a massive moment for us.”

Messi is likely to make his debut for Inter Miami in the Leagues Cup clash with Cruz Azul on July 21.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Fulham boss, Silva confirms Adarabioyo will leave this summer
Forum | 3 hours ago

Transfer: Fulham boss, Silva confirms Adarabioyo will leave this summer

EPL: He’s as good as best in the world – Redknapp hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: He’s as good as best in the world – Redknapp hails Chelsea star

AMVCA: Venita wins Best Dressed for the second time in a role
Forum | 4 hours ago

AMVCA: Venita wins Best Dressed for the second time in a role

The Man With Miraculous Hands Cast: Andy Serkis Joins Woody Harrelson in WWII Thriller
Forum | 18 hours ago

The Man With Miraculous Hands Cast: Andy Serkis Joins Woody Harrelson in WWII Thriller