Osun to create diaspora office for indigenes, says Adeleke

Forum 9 months ago

Osun to create diaspora office for indigenes, says Adeleke

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has disclosed plans by his administration to create a diaspora office that would attend to the needs of Osun indigenes living outside the country.

A statement by the spokesperson to the governor, Olawale Rasheed, on Sunday, said Adeleke disclosed the plan while receiving Osun indigenes who came for the Sallah celebration from some West African countries.

Adeleke, who said his government was desirous of tapping into the many potentials of the diaspora population to enhance the development of the state, further said the office to be created would document and relate with Osun indigenes living outside the country.

“Tell our people from Cotonou to Abidjan, from London to Atlanta that we have plans to integrate them into our good governance agenda. I am working on the creation of a diaspora office to document, engage and involve our people.

“I know our people across West Africa are mostly artisans and small-scale business people. The proposed office will capture their data to see where to come in to assist and support them. I may even appoint a liaison officer to be based in Abidjan.

“I know of some towns in Osun where almost every household has several family members, of several generations in Abidjan, Cotonou, and others. I want to put up formal structures to address these various categories of our people,” the statement quoted the governor to have said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 18 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening
Forum | 18 hours ago

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell
Forum | 1 day ago

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’