Ange Postecoglou reveals first tasks at Tottenham

Forum 9 months ago

Ange Postecoglou reveals first tasks at Tottenham

New Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou has vowed to entertain his new fans as he officials starts his new position.

A lengthy search process, which began when Antonio Conte left the club in March, ended with the hiring of Postecoglou from Celtic, who enjoyed plenty of success during the Australian's two-year reign.

Postecoglou's tactics earned plenty of praise in Scotland and he has vowed to bring his attacking principles to Tottenham and get supporters off their seats,

"I like to win, that’s the main thing, and I’ve done that wherever I’ve been," he explained. "The football is designed to bring success.

"Alongside that it’s really important to me that there is an element of what I think most fans and players want to be associated with, and that’s football that’s exciting, that people talk about, not just the end result but also the manner in which you played your football.

"That’s really important to me, because I think it’s a way to be successful and also secondly, because it allows people to grab onto those things that are most special about our game, those memorable moments.

"People want to see their team scoring goals, being exciting, not conceding goals, being aggressive in their approach, all these kinds of things that everyone seeks in their own football team. That’s what I want to try to provide. The basis of it will be that we want to be a team that wins things and, ultimately, entertains our fans.

"I’m very excited about the challenge ahead - an enormous football club, exciting league, I guess all the things you strive for in your professional career. It’s great to be here and getting ready to work."

Explaining his first task at Spurs, Postecoglou insisted his focus will be on building relationships with those around them.

"The most important thing for me in this early part is that people get to know me," he said. "Staff, players, people associated with the club, they need to get to know me and what I’m about. If they get to know me and believe in me, whatever I need to do after that is easier. That’s the first bit.

"It’s a huge organisation and, for me, to allow that to happen means I have to be present in as many areas as I can be in this early part, and that’s what I will try to do, make sure I’m present in every aspect of the football club, so people at least have some exposure to me.

"Beyond that, it’s working with the players. They are the most important people. Players are the most important people in this football club and every football club. We have six weeks - how can we prepare these guys to make sure come the first weekend of Premier League football that we’re ready to go?"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert