Diogo Jota reveals Jurgen Klopp blamed him for hamstring injury in Tottenham celebrations

Forum 9 months ago

Diogo Jota reveals Jurgen Klopp blamed him for hamstring injury in Tottenham celebrations

Liverpool forward Diogo Jota has discussed how Jurgen Klopp blamed him for pulling his hamstring celebrating the Reds' last-minute winner at home to Tottenham in April.

The hosts went 3-0 up at Anfield before Richarlison scored a stoppage-time equaliser for Spurs, only for Jota to go down the other end and win the game from the resulting kick-off.

Klopp famously strained his hamstring while trying to celebrate in front of a match official.

"No scan or ultrasound needed. I have a 2C, which if I was a player would be six weeks out," the Liverpool boss revealed at his next pre-match press conference.

In an interview with FourFourTwo, Jota was asked whether Klopp actually blamed him for the hamstring injury.

"He did, actually!" Jota replied. "I can't tell you what he said, but when he saw me the next day, he just pointed one finger at me...

"For me, [the winner] was a great moment. I did score winners at Anfield in my first season [2020/21], but there was no crowd. Everybody was telling me, 'Oh, you've just scored a winner in front of the Kop - it would have been amazing if the fans were here'. I needed to wait a couple more years to actually get that feeling. Having that moment was really special - I'll remember it for a long time.

"I didn’t even notice the manager injuring himself at the time. When I arrived in the dressing room, I already had a few friends sending me the video link of him pulling his hamstring after my goal. You cannot write a script like that. I think it didn’t bother him, because it was a key moment for the team. It's a good story to tell!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances