Oscar winner and Hollywood veteran Alan Arkin dies aged 89

Forum 9 months ago

Oscar winner and Hollywood veteran Alan Arkin dies aged 89

Veteran Hollywood actor Alan Arkin has died at 89.

The New York born actor's cause of death has not been revealed but his sons Adam, Matthew and Anthony on Friday, June 30 confirmed his passing.

“Our father was a uniquely talented force of nature, both as an artist and a man,” the Arkins announced in a joint statement. “A loving husband, father, grand and great grandfather, he was adored and will be deeply missed.”

Arkin, earned an Oscar for his performance in 2007’s “Little Miss Sunshine” plus dozens of other accolades.

His colleague, Jason Alexander first shared the news on Twitter, calling the actor a “wonderful, original voice for comedy.”

“On the few occasions I was in his presence, a kind and generous soul,” the “Seinfeld” star tweeted. “I learned so much from watching him. And the laughs I got from his glorious work seem endless. May he rest well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 4 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party
Forum | 5 days ago

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station
Forum | 6 days ago

Tragedy As Father Slumps And Dies While Trying To Bail Sons At Police Station

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum
Forum | 1 week ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum