Transfer: I’m surprised – Gary Neville expresses concern over incoming Man Utd star

Forum 10 months ago

Transfer: I’m surprised – Gary Neville expresses concern over incoming Man Utd star

Manchester United legend, Gary Neville has expressed his concerns over the Red Devils’ £60 million signing of Mason Mount.

Mount is set to become a Man United player after agreeing on a deal to join Erik ten Hag’s side from Chelsea this summer.

The England international struggled at Chelsea last season as he made only 35 appearances in all competitions for the Bleus, scoring three goals.

However, Neville is not convinced Mount is the perfect signing for Man United because they already have the likes of Casemiro, Fred and Bruno Fernandes in the midfield.

“I am surprised about the Mason Mount one, to be honest with you. For the reported £60million fee. He is a very good player, that is not a question for me.

“But I look at the players United have got already in terms of Bruno Fernandes, Christian Eriksen, Casemiro, Fred and Scott McTominay. Do I think Mount is the player to go in and sort all that out? I am not quite sure,” Neville said (via METRO).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy
Forum | 1 hour ago

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him