Inter Miami replace Neville with Argentine manager ahead of Messi’s arrival

Forum 10 months ago

Inter Miami replace Neville with Argentine manager ahead of Messi’s arrival

United States Major League Soccer club Inter Miami have replaced sacked English manager Phil Neville with former Barcelona and Argentina manager Gerardo Martino ahead of Lionel Messi’s arrival.

The 60-year-old has taken over as the new boss at the MLS outfit.

Neville was sacked by the club, co-owned by his former Manchester United teammate David Beckham earlier this month.

Martino will now reunite with his compatriot Messi, who will officially move to the Florida-based outfit when his PSG deal ends this month.

Martino, who coached Messi with both Barcelona and Argentina, said in a club statement: “I’m very excited to join a big club like Inter Miami, and I know together we can accomplish many great things.

“The club has the necessary infrastructure to be a major competitor in the region and I believe that with everyone’s hard work and commitment, we can get there.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

Tracker’s Justin Hartley Teases Jensen Ackles’ Dramatic Arrival in CBS Drama
Forum | 14 hours ago

Tracker’s Justin Hartley Teases Jensen Ackles’ Dramatic Arrival in CBS Drama

Interview with the Vampire Season 2 Video Previews Lestat’s New Role in Louis’ Life
Forum | 1 day ago

Interview with the Vampire Season 2 Video Previews Lestat’s New Role in Louis’ Life

Serie A: Akinsanmiro elated with progress at Inter Milan
Forum | 1 day ago

Serie A: Akinsanmiro elated with progress at Inter Milan