Jose Mourinho handed 10-day ban by Serie A

Forum 10 months ago

Jose Mourinho handed 10-day ban by Serie A

Jose Mourinho has again been reprimanded for his treatment of match officials, with Serie A giving him a 10-day touchline ban.

The Roma boss was recently hit with a four-match suspension by UEFA for his aggressive outbursts at referee Anthony Taylor in the aftermath of their Europa League final defeat to Sevilla.

He has now been charged by Serie A for comments he made following the Giallorossi's 1-1 draw against Monza towards the end of the 2022/23 season.

"I'm not stupid, you know. Today, I went to the game with a microphone. I recorded everything. From the moment I left the locker room, to the moment I returned. I protected myself," Mourinho said after confronting referee Daniele Chiffi.

"He is the worst referee I have met in my life. He is the worst. Technically he's horrible. Zero empathy. Zero communication. Zero awareness.

"A second yellow to a guy who slips in the 96th minute...I stopped working [talking] 20-30 minutes from the end because I knew he would give me a red card for anything.

"He is horrible, he makes no human connection with anyone, he has no empathy, he gives a red card to a player who slips because he is exhausted at the 96th minute."

Both Mourinho and Roma have also been fined €50,000 by the Italian FA, with the manager set to miss their season-opener in August.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy

Serie A: Akinsanmiro elated with progress at Inter Milan
Forum | 2 days ago

Serie A: Akinsanmiro elated with progress at Inter Milan

Serie A: Atalanta must qualify for Champions League – Lookman
Forum | 5 days ago

Serie A: Atalanta must qualify for Champions League – Lookman

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 5 days ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife