AGN Suspends Nollywood Actor Jerry Williams For Drug Abuse

Forum 9 months ago

AGN Suspends Nollywood Actor Jerry Williams For Drug Abuse

Nollywood actor Jerry Williams has been given indefinite suspension by the leadership of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN).

He was suspended for abuse of illicit drugs.

The National President of AGN, Emeka Rollas made the announcement via a statement.

According to Rollas, the association has been monitoring the situation since December till it got out of hand.

They explained that Williams cannot be allowed to associate with other performers on set to prevent him from endangering the lives of others.

According to him, the situation is a matter of safety for fellow actors.

The statements reads in part; “the Guild has been monitoring his involvement in illicit substances since December last year, until it got out of hand and as it is now, he cannot be allowed to associate with other performers on set due to danger.

“He ought to have been suspended before now. But we decided to allow him go through minor treatments, which he has been defaulting overtimes. But at it stands now, Jerry is a risk not only to himself but also, other actors who might be acting alongside him on set.

“We, therefore, have decided to suspend him indefinitely until he gets a clean bill of health from a medical practitioner or a professional that handles drugs abuse.’”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 2 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment
Forum | 3 days ago

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment