EPL: Justice will prevail – Man Utd’s Antony breaks silence over domestic abuse allegations

Forum 9 months ago

EPL: Justice will prevail – Man Utd’s Antony breaks silence over domestic abuse allegations

Manchester United winger, Antony, has broken his silence over accusations of domestic violence against his former partner, Gabriela Cavallin.

Cavallin, 22, had filed a report at a Sao Paulo police station earlier this month, which contained accusations of assault, bodily injury and threatening behaviour by Antony.

Cavallin eventually gave an interview to Brazilian TV, detailing some of the allegations made against the Brazilian international.

However, in a lengthy post on his Instagram story on Wednesday, Antony insisted that he was falsely accused and justice would prevail.

“I stayed silent until the moment so that nothing could interfere with the investigation process, but during all those days, my family and I suffered in silence.

“I had never been through a situation similar to this, in which a false assault charge resulted in a preliminary and unfair public judgement on the part of some,” the 23-year-old wrote.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 4 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag