Transfer: It upsets me – Havertz sends message to Chelsea after joining Arsenal

Forum 10 months ago

Transfer: It upsets me – Havertz sends message to Chelsea after joining Arsenal

Kai Havertz has sent a message to Chelsea and its supporters, expressing his disappointment after his Arsenal unveiling video was leaked early on Wednesday.

Havertz penned a heartfelt farewell message to Chelsea after the incident.

His £65million transfer was finally confirmed on Wednesday evening but, earlier in the day, his unveiling video in which he was wearing an Arsenal kit leaked on social media before the deal had been announced.

However, the Germany international has now said that he was ‘upset’ with the manner in which the transfer announcement has played out, adding that he didn’t want to hurt Chelsea supporters.

He also thanked the Blues fans for all their support over his three years stint at the west London club– which included a Champions League win.

In a lengthy post on Instagram, the 24-year-old said: “Dear Chelsea, I would have preferred for you to hear my thoughts on leaving Chelsea first from myself before my thoughts on me joining my new team.

“This isn’t my style and it upsets me that you had to hear of it in this way.

“Today, I find myself at a crossroads, where words can’t describe the emotions I’m feeling.

“It was an honour to be part of Chelsea history. Thank you.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid