Jorginho & agent respond to Arsenal exit rumours

Forum 10 months ago

Jorginho & agent respond to Arsenal exit rumours

Arsenal midfielder Jorginho has insisted he remains 'very happy' with the Gunners amid rumours linking the Italy international with a summer move to Lazio.

Jorginho joined Arsenal in January when he traded west for north London in a £12m transfer from Chelsea and quickly became an important squad player.

The 31-year-old still has another season left on his contract, plus the option of a further 12 months until 2025. There is set to be increased competition should the Gunners wrap up a British record transfer for Declan Rice, but uncertainty surrounding both Thomas Partey and Granit Xhaka ensures an ongoing need for experience and options in the middle of the pitch.

"I was surprised but really happy by how welcome I was, how [Arsenal] treated me when I came in," Jorginho told the Evening Standard.

"It just made everything so much easier for me to know more people to integrate in the team. So it was really, really, really good and I am really, really happy.

"I'm very happy to stay at Arsenal to be honest. Those [Lazio] rumors, I'm not sure who was behind it, to be honest, but nothing at the moment has happened to me. I'm quite happy where I am."

Jorginho's agent Joao Santos has similarly quashed suggestions the 2021 Ballon d’Or nominee will be on the move any time soon.

"Jorginho is very happy with Arsenal who have a very important championship to play, at the beginning of August there is the Community Shield," Santos told TV Play in Italy.

"There is no negotiation with Lazio. I don't know if they have the money to pay the player, but that's not the question. In our mind, there is only the Gunners next season. The theme is clear - the project for next year is to stay at Arsenal which can become the most important team in England."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Agent names club Osimhen will join after leaving Napoli

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice