Kai Havertz's first interview as Arsenal player leaked online

Forum 9 months ago

Kai Havertz's first interview as Arsenal player leaked online

Arsenal's first interview with Kai Havertz has been leaked online with the Gunners still yet to confirm the deal.

The Germany international is heading to the Gunners for a fee in excess of £65m, bringing an end to his three-year stay at Chelsea.

He underwent a medical over the weekend, with an image of him in Arsenal's 2023/24 shirt appearing online shortly afterwards.

And now footage of Arsenal's opening sit-down interview with Havertz has emerged.

"It's super exciting for me, personally," Havertz said. "I'm so glad to join this amazing club. I think this club has such a big history and I hope we can achieve lots of things, and I'm just looking forward to meeting all the players, the staff, it's going to be exciting.

When asked how it felt facing the current Arsenal squad as a Chelsea player and how talented he thought it was, Havertz replied: "I experienced it myself a couple of times. You can just see. I think the family mentality that the team has on the pitch and they have it off the pitch as well.

"The team mentality in the squad is very, very high and you can feel that. I think that was one of the reasons why it was so hard to play against Arsenal.

"Obviously there's so many talented players and there's big room to achieve big things as well."

Arsenal will compete in the Champions League next season for the first time in six years, and Havertz was asked about his experience playing in Europe's premier club competition having scored the winning goal in the 2021 final.

"I think the Champions League is a special tournament and I think every football player just loves to play there," he said.

"I was fortunate to win the trophy and for me it was the best feeling I've ever had. So to play there again next season with Arsenal is very exciting for me."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape
Forum | 1 day ago

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea