I Almost Became A Beggar Before God Blessed Me With Hit Song – Singer, Humblesmith Speaks

Forum 9 months ago

I Almost Became A Beggar Before God Blessed Me With Hit Song – Singer, Humblesmith Speaks

Ekenedirichukwu Ijemba, the Nigerian singer, who is better known as Humble Smith, has made a new revelation.

He revealed that he almost took to begging in 2015 before he received a divine intervention.

The 32-year-old said he had gone to a church in Lagos to solicit help but later changed his mind after he got the inspiration for his hit song, ‘Osinachi’ while in the church.

Humble Smith disclosed this in a recent interview with reality star, Kimoprah on Hip TV’s Trending.

He said he struggled to get into the spotlight despite executing several musical projects, including shooting a music video in London.

He said, “Osinachi’, every lyric in that song is just me [my story]. This is a true life story. I have something to connect to everybody.

“I wrote ‘Osinachi’ in the church. I went to church to beg for money to feed. But when I got to the church, something told me I’m not a beggar. So, God blessed me with the song in the church.”

On how he got Phyno on the song and Davido on the remix, Humble Smith said, “After recording the song, they [my team] were like, ‘Guy you never blow, you need to put person [superstar] for the song to blow.’

“So, we had to reach out to Phyno for that. Then after reaching out to Phyno, the song started making waves, and Davido called for the remix. Big thanks to him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy
Forum | 2 days ago

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy

China
Forum | 3 days ago

China's Taiwan Hit by 5.7 Magnitude Earthquake