Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Birds Destroy 75, 000 Hectares Of Farms In Kebbi

Forum 10 months ago

Birds Destroy 75, 000 Hectares Of Farms In Kebbi

The farmland of over 100 farmers were invaded by quelea birds in Argungu Local Government Area of Kebbi State.

The invasion of the birds led to losses by the farmers.

Quelea birds are dangerous parasites capable of wiping out a whole farm within a day or even a few hours.

According to locals, the dangerous birds destroyed about 75,000 hectares of rice farms over the weekend.

The red-billed birds were said to have migrated from the neighbouring Niger Republic.

Kebbi has been the only state affected so far by the menace of quelea birds. However, experts in agriculture are advising farmers in the northwest and northeast to be on the lookout for invading birds.

They, however, suggested that the only way to combat the menace of quelea birds is to conduct research and produce pest repellent that works without causing any damage to crops.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Angry Birds Mystery Island Trailer Sets Release Date for Prime Video Series
Forum | 4 days ago

Angry Birds Mystery Island Trailer Sets Release Date for Prime Video Series

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares
Forum | 1 week ago

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares

Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 week ago

Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy