Sadio Mane pays tribute to Roberto Firmino following Liverpool exit

Forum 10 months ago

Sadio Mane pays tribute to Roberto Firmino following Liverpool exit

Liverpool legend Sadio Mane is the latest ex-teammate of Roberto Firmino to sing his praises after calling time on his career at Anfield.

Firmino has agreed to leave the Reds when his contract expires this summer, bringing an end to a memorable eight-year stay on Merseyside.

In his honour, Liverpool have put together a three-part documentary charting Firmino's time at the club and interviewing close friends and family.

Mohamed Salah appeared to discuss Firmino's influence, with Mane - who left Liverpool for Bayern Munich last summer - also chiming in.

"I think we did incredible things together. I am so grateful. I think Bobby is a special player. For me, wow, what a number nine," Mane said.

"As a person I think he is the most positive guy.

"I learned a lot from him myself because sometimes when I'm not playing, on the bench or whatever, he knows me. He tells me to stay calm, he knows me... stay calm, positive, no problem. This kind of person is not easy to find... in the pitch, out of the pitch, I learned a lot from him.

"He has the ability to turn easily [with] the ball, not always playing the back-pass, he always tries to find solutions. I think he changed everything."

Firmino leaves Liverpool having scored 111 goals in 362 games and won seven trophies, including their first title in the Premier League era.

He has not yet agreed a move to another club, though has been linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid in recent months.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title

EPL: Liverpool to replace Klopp with ‘most expensive Dutch manager’
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Liverpool to replace Klopp with ‘most expensive Dutch manager’

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp