BET Awards 2023: Tems Wins Big With Future, Drake

Forum 10 months ago

BET Awards 2023: Tems Wins Big With Future, Drake

Nigerian singer, Temilade Openiyi aka Tems has won at the 23rd BET Awards which held on Sunday night in Los Angeles.

Tems won the “Best Collaboration” award for her contribution on Future’s ‘Wait For U’ which also features Canadian rapper, Drake after losing  two of her three nominations.

Recall that  ‘Wait For U’ won the ‘Best Melodic Rap Performance’ at the 2023 Grammys.

The BET is the second major award the song, which debuted at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart last year, has won.

Earlier at the 2023 BET Awards, Tems lost the “Best Female R&B/Pop Artist” category to SZA, and “Viewer’s Choice” award to Beyoncé.

Similarly, Burna Boy lost the “Best Male R&B/Pop Artist” to Chris Brown and Usher, and the “Best Video Director” to Teyana Taylor.

However, the ‘African Giant’ crooner scooped the “Best International Act” award for a record fourth time.

Beyoncé and SZA tie for most wins at this year’s BET Awards (3 each).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts
Forum | 4 hours ago

Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts

Nnadozie wins best goalkeeper award in France
Forum | 10 hours ago

Nnadozie wins best goalkeeper award in France

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

Serie A: Osimhen on target for Napoli, Lookman wins for Atalanta
Forum | 1 day ago

Serie A: Osimhen on target for Napoli, Lookman wins for Atalanta