Christopher Nkunku explains what he will bring to Chelsea

Forum 10 months ago

Christopher Nkunku explains what he will bring to Chelsea

Christopher Nkunku has vowed to bring joy to Chelsea supporters after sealing his long-awaited move to Stamford Bridge.

After inking a deal to join Chelsea shortly after the 2022 summer transfer window closed, Nkunku's move was finally confirmed earlier this month, with the Frenchman set to join up with Mauricio Pochettino's squad after initially signing his deal under Thomas Tuchel.

Blues fans are understandably excited about the arrival of the 25-year-old, who has been one of the highlights of Germany football in the past few years, and Nkunku admitted he was looking forward to getting to work.

"I think the project was good for me," Nkunku told club media. "It is a good project for me to develop myself as a player and a man also.

"And this is a good city, after all, and for sure I want to improve in football and I want to win trophies and improve myself also. So I think this is a good project for me at this moment. This is a good project, for sure."

Asked what fans can expect from him, Nkunku continued: "We can say that I am a hard worker. I will give everything for the club, for the fans and to help the team bring some trophies. To give the best of my football. I hope I will make them as happy as I am to be here at this club.

"On the pitch I’m a bit quiet, but I can speak, I can shout also. But I’m very focused on the football and about winning, to do everything right, so I can say I speak with my feet. But it’s important obviously to speak to the boys on the pitch.

"I hate to lose but I have both sides. You need to hate to lose also to win. So I think these are two opposite things, but you need to take these two things together to have success."

Primarily a second striker, Nkunku has played as a midfielder, winger and out-and-out forward throughout his career and should have plenty of opportunities to flash his versatility under Pochettino.

"I have not had a chance to speak to him, not yet," Nkunku said of the new Chelsea boss. "I spoke to some of my friends from Paris about him a little bit. I speak about him a little bit with some of the players. They told me that he’s a very good coach and I’m excited to work with him."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 5 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge