Kebbi varsity matriculates 3,336 students

Forum 10 months ago

Kebbi varsity matriculates 3,336 students

The Federal University, Birnin Kebbi, on Friday, matriculated 3,336 undergraduates and postgraduate students during its 8th matriculation ceremony held at the university.

The university, which was established in 2013 and started academic activities in 2014 with 24-degree programmes and three faculties, now has 37 undergraduate programmes and 20 postgraduate programmes.

In his speech, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Zayyan Muhammad-Umar, said that the university was driven by an overwhelming desire to encourage vibrant academic culture.

“The culture is through the facilitation of cutting edge research, seminars, workshops and conferences that not only elicit robust academic exchange and discourse but are also geared at improving the lots of our communities.

“On this, I salute the unwavering commitment of my predecessors, who worked tirelessly towards making this university a class of its own,” he said.

Muhammad-Umar assured the students, guardians and parents that the university would continue to build on the significant milestone it had attained.

“The management under my stewardship is determined to improve the vibrancy of our academic activities with a view to make this university a destination of choice for all.

”This year, the FUBK has attracted over 10,000 applicants, of whom 3,062 undergraduate and 274 postgraduate candidates were successfully admitted and are being matriculated today.”

The VC enjoined the students to help build a university they could all be proud of by shunning all negative tendencies such as, ”cultism, drunkenness, exam malpractice, and disrespect to constituted authority for which the university has zero tolerance’’.

While congratulating the students, Muhammad-Umar implored them to be security conscious and report any suspicious character to the university authority at any time.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 week ago

Kebbi State College of Nursing Science admission list into Basic Nursing, 2024/2025

TASU notice to final year students on issuance of final year clearance, 2022/2023
Forum | 1 week ago

TASU notice to final year students on issuance of final year clearance, 2022/2023

FCE Zaria notice to NCE I students on commencement of exams, 2023/2024
Forum | 1 week ago

FCE Zaria notice to NCE I students on commencement of exams, 2023/2024

NSUK notice on students biometric enrollment and image capture
Forum | 2 weeks ago

NSUK notice on students biometric enrollment and image capture