I’m not leading revolt against Uzodimma, says Ohakim

Forum 10 months ago

I’m not leading revolt against Uzodimma, says Ohakim

A former governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim, has described as false a report that alleged that he was leading a revolt against the governor of the state, Hope Uzodimma, over the latter’s refusal to support his ministerial aspiration in President Bola Tinubu’s administration.

Ohakim, in a statement he personally issued on Thursday, said that the report was false and was sponsored to dent his image.

The ex-governor, who described Uzodimma as his bosom friend, said that he had no issue with Uzodimma.

The statement read in part, “Against this backdrop, let me then state as follows: I do not have any issue, whatsoever, with my governor, Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodimma, to say the least, to lead a “revolt” against him.

“Senator Uzodimma is a bosom friend of mine and a trusted political ally. Apart from that, as a statesman and former governor of our state, I am obliged to support any incumbent governor or administration who is moving in the right direction, at least in the interest of the state and its people. I am personally committed to see Governor Uzodimma, whom I have known for upwards of three decades, not only succeed but also excel as a governor.

“Revolting against Governor Uzodimma would be tantamount to revolting against myself and nobody can revolt against himself. Or am I that foolhardy to revolt against a fellow whose performance as a governor has been quite overwhelming and who is getting accolades daily from the good people of Imo State?”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 3 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 4 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’