Maikaba confirms Rangers exit after two years in charge

Forum 10 months ago

Maikaba confirms Rangers exit after two years in charge

Abdullahi Maikaba has parted ways with Rangers following the expiration of his contract.

Maikaba took charge of the Flying Antelopes in 2021.

Rangers missed out on a continental ticket after losing 1-0 in the finals of the 2023 Federation Cup final to Bendel Insurance on Wednesday.

The experienced tactician said Rangers will continue to have a place in his heart as he ends his journey with the club.

“It has been a fruitful two years of working in Enugu that saw us compete for honours in various competitions and got to the final of this year’s Federation Cup which we lost narrowly, ” he stated to the club’s media during his farewell message.

“I wish to tell you all that I won’t be renegotiating my contract as pressures from the family front need my attention and I need to give it some attention.

“Rangers will continue to have a special place in my heart going forward. In all the clubs I have handled, none of them gave me the platform and treatment to perform maximally.

“I thank the government of Enugu State for the opportunity to serve. I also thank the management, players, coaches, and other staff for their cooperation while my contract lasted.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate
Forum | 3 days ago

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate

Henry Cavill’s Superman Exit Wasn’t Pre-Planned, James Gunn Says
Forum | 3 days ago

Henry Cavill’s Superman Exit Wasn’t Pre-Planned, James Gunn Says

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea