Robert Lewandowski reveals retirement plans

Forum 10 months ago

Robert Lewandowski reveals retirement plans

Legendary goalscorer Robert Lewandowski has hinted that he is open to finishing his career at Barcelona.

Lewandowski joined Barça in the summer 2022 transfer window following an eight-year stint with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich - where he scored 344 goals in 375 appearances in all competitions and won the UEFA Champions League.

The Polish forward has continued that fine goalscoring form at Barça too, scoring 23 La Liga goals in his maiden Camp Nou campaign to guide the club to their first league title in four years.

When asked by Mundo Deportivo what his future holds, Lewandowski admitted that he will retire relatively soon, and that he could remain at Barcelona until he decides to hang up his boots.

"My retirement? It's close. It is very possible that I will finish my career in Barcelona, where I and my family feel very comfortable. I felt I scored five or six goals less because I had to do other things. My role was important not only on the pitch but also off it, I had to fit in a new role," he said.

"Only after my contract ends, I will start asking myself if I want to keep playing."

Lewandowski is one of a number of big name players recently been linked with a mega money move to the Saudi Pro League. Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and N'Golo Kante all made the move to the Middle East recently, while Lionel Messi turned down an offer worth in excess of €400m per season from Al Hilal to move to MLS instead.

When asked about links to Saudi Arabian clubs, Lewandowski stated he had 'other priorities'.

"Today I am happy in Barcelona. I feel like I'm at a club that suits me. So I want to fulfil my contract there," he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Robert De Niro Didn’t Yell at Pro-Palestinian Rally in Video, Issues Statement
Forum | 1 day ago

Robert De Niro Didn’t Yell at Pro-Palestinian Rally in Video, Issues Statement

Robert Downey Jr. Defends Thor Against Chris Hemsworth’s Critiques
Forum | 1 day ago

Robert Downey Jr. Defends Thor Against Chris Hemsworth’s Critiques

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m
Forum | 2 days ago

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid