Cristiano Ronaldo receives Guinness World Record certificate after making 200th international appearances

Forum 10 months ago

Cristiano Ronaldo receives Guinness World Record certificate after making 200th international appearances

Cristiano Ronaldo has received the Guinness World Records certificate after becoming the first male player to reach 200 international appearances.

He celebrated the milestone by scoring the winning goal in the 89th minute as Portugal beat Iceland 1-0 on Tuesday, 20th of June 2023, in European Championships qualifying.

The 38-year-old Ronaldo was honoured by Guinness World Records before the kickoff for reaching 200 games for Portugal almost 20 years after his debut.

And he was celebrating at the end after being on hand to score the later winner from close range and keep Portugal on track for Euro 2024 qualification with its fourth win from four games in Group J.

Receiving the award, Ronaldo said, “Triumph with a special flavor. Not only for the day it was, for the tribute, for the 200th game… To top it off with a goal, I can’t ask for more. It was spectacular, unforgettable, for everything it generated around the game. I have to thank the Icelanders, to the federation for the surprise. And to Guinness World Records.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d5b6b051a1cef122c509a2d31232ec7a.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 6 hours ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

I
Forum | 10 hours ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye