Ex-IGP, Alkali backs Egbetokun

Forum 10 months ago

Ex-IGP, Alkali backs Egbetokun

The immediate past Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali, has expressed confidence in the new acting IGP, Kayode Egbetokun, noting that he will champion the course of the police force.

Alkali, who said this on Tuesday while handing over to Egbetokun, added that he has no ill feelings about his removal from the position of IGP by the President, Bola Tinubu.

The PUNCH reports that Tinubu removed Alkali and appointed Egbetokun on Monday as the IGP

He said, “It’s a stage, you come, you work, and you go. I’m happy I am handing over to somebody I know will carry the mantle of leadership from where I have stopped.”

He added that Egbetokun can champion the course of the Force from where he stopped

Alkali said, “We grew up in the job, we grew up together, I was his boss at a time not even when I was IG. He worked under me twice, we’ve been working together and I know how he can go ahead to champion the course of the police from where I stopped.”

In his reaction, Egbetokun said, “Now I have just been decorated and I am looking forward to taking over tomorrow morning by 11 a.m. I really can’t describe how I feel presently, but if I have to tell you anything, I will tell you that right now I feel like a Tiger inside of me ready to chase away all the criminals in Nigeria. And some other times, I felt like a lion in me ready to devour all the internal enemies of Nigeria. That’s my feeling right now.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello
Forum | 5 days ago

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 3 days ago

Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought

Boboye backs Oboabona, Adeniji to do well at Sunshine Stars
Forum | 3 days ago

Boboye backs Oboabona, Adeniji to do well at Sunshine Stars