Gavi urges Barcelona to sign midfield target

Forum 10 months ago

Gavi urges Barcelona to sign midfield target

Barcelona starlet Gavi has insisted that transfer target Martin Zubimendi would make an excellent summer signing.

La Blaugrana are on the hunt for midfield reinforcements following the departure of club legend Sergio Busquets.

Zubimendi, who played a starring role for Real Sociedad as they secured a top-four finish during the 2022/23 La Liga season, has been heavily linked with a move this summer, with Arsenal and Barcelona said to be interested.

He has now received an endorsement from Spain teammate Gavi, who revealed in an interview with SPORT that he thinks Zubimendi would make an excellent replacement for Busquets.

When asked if he's talked to Zubimendi about a transfer, Gavi replied: "No, I respect him. I understand that he is at La Real. If he wants to play for another team or Barça, he will decide what he will do.

"Zubimendi is a top player. He would be a good replacement [for Busquets]. I love him. But I insist, we have to respect him and Real Sociedad. We'll see in the future."

Despite being heavily tipped to leave Real Sociedad, Zubimendi himself has stated that he is not looking to move on this summer.

Addressing the intense transfer speculation recently, he said: "Rumours, rumours. I told my agent that I didn't want to hear anything, especially in the winter. Leaving Real Sociedad during the season we are having would be illogical. Here, I am very happy. I look forward to a quiet summer."

Meanwhile, Barcelona are close to completing the signing of highly-rated Brazilian forward Vitor Roque for €40m.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor
Forum | 1 day ago

Mbappe urges Real Madrid to consider Portuguese midfielder as Modric’s successor

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States
Forum | 5 days ago

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States

Follow Due Process in Prosecuting Yahaya Bello – Actor Segun Arinze urges EFCC
Forum | 5 days ago

Follow Due Process in Prosecuting Yahaya Bello – Actor Segun Arinze urges EFCC