Bukayo Saka reveals Trent Alexander-Arnold pre-planned wonder assist

Forum 10 months ago

Bukayo Saka reveals Trent Alexander-Arnold pre-planned wonder assist

Liverpool star Trent Alexander-Arnold pre-planned his stunning assist for Bukayo Saka's second of the night during England’s 7-0 thrashing of North Macedonia, the goalscorer has revealed.

Saka netted his first career hat-trick as England moved a step closer to Euro 2024 next summer with a fourth consecutive qualifying win. The game also saw Alexander-Arnold line up in midfield for the second time in a matter of days following his star turn against Malta last week.

Wearing the number 10 shirt again, the role makes use of Alexander-Arnold’s range of passing and he made the most of it to set up Saka for the pick of England’s seven goals.

The Arsenal winger raced onto a raking first-time ball forward from Alexander-Arnold, precisely angled to drop in between North Macedonia’s left-back and centre-back. Saka then set himself and fiercely lashed the ball into the net.

Saka revealed afterwards that he had been warned just a few moments earlier, during the half-time interval, that the pass was coming his way, so he knew where to be.

“He’s a top player,” Saka told Channel 4 of Alexander-Arnold. At half-time he said to me he was going to do that pass. When I scored, I was looking for him to thank him. I didn’t have to break my stride.”

England manager Gareth Southgate has already confirmed he is open to Alexander-Arnold becoming a regular in midfield. But it could also be an option for Liverpool as well.

The Reds have been in need of a rebuild in the centre of the pitch and, even having secured the big money signing of World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton, Alexander-Arnold could be an additional boost in that role in certain games.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude
Forum | 16 hours ago

Pretty Mike Advises Those Who Entered The New Month With Bad Attitude

Presumed Innocent Teaser Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries
Forum | 2 days ago

Presumed Innocent Teaser Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 2 days ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m
Forum | 2 days ago

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m