Chelsea complete signing of Christopher Nkunku

Forum 10 months ago

Chelsea complete signing of Christopher Nkunku

Chelsea have announced the long-awaited signing of Christopher Nkunku from RB Leipzig.

The Blues first reached an agreement for the France international shortly after the closure of the summer 2022 transfer window.

Nkunku finished the 2022/23 season at Leipzig, helping them to a top-four finish and glory in the DFB-Pokal, and he has now completed his move to west London on a six-year contract.

In a statement, Nkunku said: "I am incredibly happy to be joining Chelsea. A big effort was made to bring me to the club and I am looking forward to meeting my new coach and teammates and showing the Chelsea supporters what I can do on the pitch.

"Having played in Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga, I now want to play in the Premier League, one of the strongest leagues in the world. I am very excited for this challenge and will be proud to wear the Chelsea shirt."

Nkunku becomes the first official signing of the Mauricio Pochettino era.

The 25-year-old battled injuries during the 2022/23 season but still managed to make a huge impact in his final year at Leipzig, registering 23 goals and nine assists in 36 games across all competitions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa