Clowns now in charge of Osun, says ex-senator

Forum 10 months ago

Clowns now in charge of Osun, says ex-senator

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress and immediate-past Senate spokesperson, Dr Ajibola Basiru, on Monday, said he sympathised with the people of Osun State “for allowing comedians to get close to the Government House in Osogbo.”

Basiru, who spoke to The PUNCH, was reacting to a statement on Monday by the Osun State Government accusing him of attempting to destabilise the state by allegedly invading the state with “unauthorised policemen.”

The state raised the allegation in a statement signed by Governor Ademola Adeleke’s spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed.

The government called on the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba, to withdraw unauthorised policemen currently working with Basiru,  and for the  state Commissioner of Police, Patric Longe, to investigate its claim to prevent breach of peace.

“We urgently bring to the attention of the Inspector General of Police, the state Commissioner of Police and the general public that former Senator Ajibola Bashiru has imported some unauthorised policemen into Osun State to create confusion, mayhem and destabilise the peace and stability of the state.

"The former senator is reported to have submitted a list of top leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party and Osun State government for arrest on trumped-up charges. We reliably gathered that the Osogbo-born politician is personally coordinating the team in gross violation of extant laws and practice of law enforcement.

“We call on the Inspector General of Police to order the immediate withdrawal of such policemen as their invitation under the control of a politician constitutes a grave threat to the peace and stability of Osun State. We urge the Commissioner of Police to urgently look into the matter before a breach of peace across the state,” the government said in the statement.

But the ex-federal lawmaker, who represented Osun Central in the 9th Senate, while reacting to the allegation, said he sympathised with Osun people for allowing incompetent people to ascend to power in the state.

“I don’t believe any serious government or its spokesman will spew such rubbish as a press statement, but in case you confirm that was released by the governor’s spokesperson, my reaction is that I sympathise with Osun people for allowing comedians to get close to the Government House in Osogbo.

“They are obviously jittery already that our party will kick out their incompetent government in 2026. Obviously, illiteracy is a disease.” Basiru said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan
Forum | 3 days ago

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead
Forum | 6 days ago

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 6 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 1 week ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’