Euro 2024 qualifiers: They couldn’t handle us – Saka names top players in England’s 7-0 win

Forum 10 months ago

Euro 2024 qualifiers: They couldn’t handle us – Saka names top players in England’s 7-0 win

Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka has described Trent Alexander-Arnold and Marcus Rashford as top players following England’s 7-0 win over North Macedonia at Old Trafford on Monday night.

Saka scored the first hat-trick of his career, with Alexander-Arnold providing a world-class assist for his second goal.

Manchester United star Rashford also scored for England as the Three Lions impressed in the Euro 2024 qualifier.

Saka told Channel 4, “With me and [Marcus Rashford] running down the wings, we were really sharp, and they couldn’t really handle us.

“[Trent Alexander-Arnold] is a top, top player, everyone knows that, but at half-time, he said to me he was going to do that pass [for his second goal].

“When I scored, I was looking for him to thank him because he did it perfectly! I didn’t have to break my stride. Credit to him.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career

Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players
Forum | 4 days ago

Euro 2024: UEFA to increase squad size to 26 players