Policeman Killed As Gunmen Attack Rochas Okorocha's Convoy In Imo

Forum 10 months ago

Policeman Killed As Gunmen Attack Rochas Okorocha's Convoy In Imo

The convoy of the former governor of Imo State, Sen Rochas Okorocha was attacked by gunmen which led to the death of a policeman.

The convoy was reportedly attacked at Ihube in Okigwe community, which is along Okigwe-Enugu expressway on Friday, June 16, 2023.

Okorocha confirmed the incident on Sunday, June 18, when he addressed guests at the birthday ceremony of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in Imo State, Samuel Anyanwu.

Okorocha said that he was retuning from Enugu after attending the burial ceremony of the wife of a former Senate President, Ken Nnamani.

Okorocha said Enugu Governor Peter Mbah released vehicles and security men to take him and his team to Imo state for the burial ceremony of Ihedioha’s mother.

He said it was after he had finished attending the funeral ceremony at Mbaise and the convoy had dropped him at his Spilbat mansion in Owerri and was heading back to Enugu that they were attacked.

“I am angry. I am very angry. I am angry because I spent two days in Enugu and nothing happened to me but it is in my own state that the convoy released to me by the Governor of Enugu state ( a very good man) to attend the burial ceremony of Ihedioha’s mother at Mbaise that police man was killed,” he said.

“What is happening in Imo state makes me angry. Many people who are running to govern Imo state are not capable but I have seen one man who the cap fits. When it is time I will speak.”

It was learnt the vehicles in the convoy, which comprised of a sports Utility Vehicle, a bus and Hilux were shattered by bullets.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign
Forum | 22 hours ago

Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Former Imo Governor, Ihedioha Resigns From PDP
Forum | 3 days ago

Former Imo Governor, Ihedioha Resigns From PDP

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 3 days ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun