Insecurity: Pray for Plateau, Lalong urges Nigerians

Forum 10 months ago

Insecurity: Pray for Plateau, Lalong urges Nigerians

Mr Simon Lalong, the immediate past governor of Plateau, has called on Nigerians to pray for the state to overcome its current security challenges.

Lalong called at a dinner organised in his honour by the set 1990 of the Faculty of Law, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.

The event, led by the Chairman of the set, Sylvanus Tahir, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), held on Sunday night in Abuja.

The ex-governor, who decried the wanton killings and destruction of properties in the state, said that there was a need for Nigerians to collectively pray for the return of total peace in the state.

” I call on Nigerians to pray for Plateau and its people so that we can overcome the current security challenges

”I left the office as governor of Plateau only a few weeks back, but the current happenings in the state is worrisome.

“I have always been on my knees praying that when I leave office, Pleateau should be better than where I left it.

“I will continue to pray and this is why I am calling on all Nigerians to support Plateau people with prayers,” Lalong urged.

Lalong thanked his classmates for the recognition and called on members of the set to be united and keep the existing brotherliness afloat.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that friends and well-wishers of the former governor, former and current ABU lecturers, among other dignitaries attended the event.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl
Forum | 1 day ago

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam
Forum | 2 days ago

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 4 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna