Brendan Rodgers confirmed as new Celtic manager

Forum 10 months ago

Brendan Rodgers confirmed as new Celtic manager

Celtic have confirmed the return of Brendan Rodgers as their new manager following the departure of Ange Postecoglou.

Postecoglou left to join Tottenham earlier this month and Celtic wasted little time in pursuing Rodgers, who was without a club after his dismissal from Leicester City in April.

Rodgers spent three successful years with Celtic before his move to the King Power Stadium, winning two league titles before leaving midway through his final year to join Leicester and watching on as the Scottish side wrapped up another title.

After four years away, Rodgers is back at Celtic Park.

"I am really delighted to return to Celtic and I am hugely excited by this great opportunity," Rodgers said. "When I was given the privilege of being asked to join the club again, it was a very simple decision for me and my family.

"We have enjoyed some great times at Celtic before and this will be my goal again, to deliver good football, ensure we have a team we all love to watch and ultimately bring more success to our fans.

"Ange has done some brilliant work across the last two years and I will be doing all I can to maintain Celtic’s momentum as we face into all our domestic and European challenges.

"We have a hugely impressive and talented group of players and staff at the club, and I am really looking forward to meeting up with them all and then getting straight down to work.

"I wanted John to be with me as we move forward. He is a very talented coach, someone I know well and respect and he will be very important to myself and our players.

"The club is in fantastic condition at all levels and I would like to thank the board for putting their trust in me to take the team forward. We will work very closely together as we strive to bring that success to our supporters.

"Let’s get to work!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 17 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago