Bernardo Silva hoping for imminent decision on uncertain Man City future

Forum 10 months ago

Bernardo Silva hoping for imminent decision on uncertain Man City future

Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva is hoping he will soon have an answer about where he will be playing his football next season, with the player still keen to leave the Etihad Stadium.

Silva joined City from Monaco in a £43m deal in the summer of 2017 and has won 12 major trophies during his time in Manchester, including the Champions League earlier this month. He has made over 300 appearances for City and has usually been a regular starter throughout.

But Silva first began to struggle off the pitch in 2020 during the UK’s first Covid-19 lockdown. And while he has been a consummate professional on the pitch, he has hoped to move on ever since.

Just two days after the Champions League final, Silva again informed the club he wants to leave.

“I’ll be very honest, I don’t know. We’ll see in the next few days. Even if I knew, it wouldn’t be the space to talk about it [on international duty],” the 28-year-old told Eleven Sports when quizzed about his future ahead of Portugal’s Euro 2024 qualifying win over Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain have been the clubs most regularly linked with Silva in recent months. 90min revealed at the start of May that City, who have been willing to sell players like Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko in recent times, will not stand in the way of a summer transfer should a club be prepared to meet their valuation of Silva.

However, that value is a potentially prohibitive £75m (€88m). PSG are firm admirers and would be ready to make a move, but the player’s own preference is Barcelona. The issue for the Catalans is that any approach for Silva will hinge on first raising cash through player sales.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him