Federico Valverde offers firm response to Chelsea & Liverpool interest

Forum 10 months ago

Federico Valverde offers firm response to Chelsea & Liverpool interest

Real Madrid midfielder Federico Valverde has firmly ruled out leaving the Santiago Bernabeu this summer, despite interest from Chelsea, Liverpool and a handful of other clubs.

Los Blancos have bolstered their midfield already this window with the blockbuster addition of Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund, giving Carlo Ancelotti's side an excess of elite midfield options going forward.

Bellingham joins a group which already includes Valverde, Eduardo Camavinga, Aurelien Tchouameni, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos, while Dani Ceballos is expected to sign a contract extension as well.

With the battle for midfield minutes at Real intensifying, 90min understands that Chelsea and Liverpool were among the sides to reach out to the Spanish outfit to enquire about Valverde's availability. But both were quickly knocked back.

Real Madrid have no desire to part ways with the 24-year-old and Valverde has confirmed he is not looking to leave either.

"No, no - I’m at Madrid, trying to enjoy every moment and leave my mark on the best club in the world," Valverde told ESPN Argentina in response to a question about joining Chelsea or Liverpool.

"I want to keep winning titles for Real Madrid fans."

Valverde has been a key player for Real in recent years and already boasts over 200 appearances for Los Blancos, lifting no fewer than nine trophies during his five seasons with the senior side.

It is expected that Valverde, who has also been used on the right wing by Ancelotti, will remain a key part of Real's midfield alongside Bellingham, but the boss undoubtedly has a tough task at hand to keep all his key stars happy.

37-year-old Modric and 33-year-old Kroos are approaching the ends of their respective careers, however, and Valverde is seen as a key part of both the present and future in Madrid.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title

EPL: Liverpool to replace Klopp with ‘most expensive Dutch manager’
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Liverpool to replace Klopp with ‘most expensive Dutch manager’

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa