Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

AFCON 2023 qualifiers: Scrap away goals rule – Troost-Ekong tells CAF

Forum 10 months ago

AFCON 2023 qualifiers: Scrap away goals rule – Troost-Ekong tells CAF

Super Eagles defender, William Troost-Ekong, has urged the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to scrap away goal rule in their competitions.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5bf665598b98a5b6b223e6f49f798304.jpg

According to him, it would be one thing he would like to see go if CAF considers making future rule changes.

In a chat with BRL, Troost-Ekong urged the governing body to consider other forms of elimination and qualification for tournaments, without away goals playing such a big part.

“The away goal rule is one that I would like CAF to change, it’s very difficult to take.

“I think we were the only continent that decided on the World Cup spot like that, but hopefully for the next World Cup, that will be better.

“Morocco did well to open up some more space for us and as we did in 2018, if you are group winner you should be qualifying for the tournament and It shouldn’t come down to away goals and playoffs,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

Ademola Lookman shuns Ivory Coast, South Africa as he names most difficult game at AFCON 2023
Forum | 4 days ago

Ademola Lookman shuns Ivory Coast, South Africa as he names most difficult game at AFCON 2023

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 1 week ago

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala
Forum | 1 week ago

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala