Davide Frattesi to join Serie A giants after snubbing Premier League move

Forum 10 months ago

Davide Frattesi to join Serie A giants after snubbing Premier League move

Italy international midfielder Davide Frattesi has shunned a move to the Premier League and looks set to join Inter from Sassuolo instead, sources have told 90min.

The 23-year-old announced himself as one of Serie A's rising stars last season, earning a senior international call-up.

Frattesi became the subject of interest from clubs in England. Brighton made an approach to sign him, while the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham had also checked on his situation in recent months.

Brighton, who have already lost Alexis Mac Allister this summer and look set to sell Moises Caicedo, identified Frattesi as one of their summer targets.

Though the prospect of linking up with Roberto De Zerbi did appeal to the midfielder, Frattesi made It clear that he did not feel a move to the Premier League was right for him at this time.

Speaking from the Italian camp at the Nations League finals in the Netherlands, Frattesi confirmed that he would be staying in Italy next season.

"I don't feel ready to go abroad yet, I'd rather stay in Italy and I also told this to the Sassuolo director. This is what I have decided," he told Sky Italia.

Inter are now firm favourites to land Frattesi ahead of Juventus and city rivals Milan. Sassuolo are hoping to earn around €35m from the move.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Weapons Cast: Benedict Wong & More Join New Line Cinema’s Horror Thriller
Forum | 6 hours ago

Weapons Cast: Benedict Wong & More Join New Line Cinema’s Horror Thriller

Kerry Condon, William H. Macy Join Joel Edgerton and Felicity Jones in Drama Movie Train Dreams
Forum | 6 hours ago

Kerry Condon, William H. Macy Join Joel Edgerton and Felicity Jones in Drama Movie Train Dreams

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 20 hours ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 20 hours ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour