Nothing wrong in Kwankwaso, Tinubu ‘romance’ – Ogun NNPP

Forum 10 months ago

Nothing wrong in Kwankwaso, Tinubu ‘romance’ – Ogun NNPP

The Ogun State chapter of the New Nigeria People’s Party says there is nothing wrong in the ‘romance’ between the party’s presidential candidate, Rabiu Kwankwaso, and President Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress.

Kwankwaso contested against Tinubu in the February 25 presidential poll but placed fourth while Tinubu was declared winner of the poll.

In the aftermath of the poll, rather than challenge Tinubu’s election in court as Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic and Peter Obi of the Labour Party have done, Kwankwaso has been seen hobnobbing with Tinubu and even hinted that the ruling party was considering giving him a seat in the government.

The Chairman of the Ogun State chapter of the NNPP, Olaposi Oginni, at a press briefing in Abeokuta on Wednesday, said there was nothing wrong in Kwankwaso’s relationship with Tinubu.

Oginni added that the decision of the Ogun NNPP to withdraw its petition challenging the electoral victory of Governor Dapo Abiodun in Ogun State should not be interpreted as anti-party activities.

Referencing Kwankwaso’s relationship with Tinubu, Oginni said, “This is not what anyone can call an anti-party activity. After an election, there’s a way all political parties come together and make sure there’s a way forward.”

He also said the Ogun NNPP withdrew its petition against Abiodun in line with Kwankwaso’s steps after the election, urging him (Kwankwaso) to stop some members of the party’s National Working Committee in connivance with a group in the state plotting to appeal the tribunal’s ruling which dismissed the case.

Oginni said, “I want to use this opportunity to call on Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso to call on these people in Ogun State that are working in contrast to his belief and what he’s doing with Asiwaju (Tinubu).

“We have withdrawn our petition against Abiodun’s victory before the tribunal, but when Senator Kwankwaso is going to Paris to meet Tinubu, going to the Villa, some people in the National Working Committee of the party are struggling that withdrawal of petition from the tribunal should not stand.

“I say this is going to become a double jeopardy for these people working in contrast with the leadership of the party, especially senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC
Forum | 14 hours ago

Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC's Salihu Lukman

Touch Trailer Previews Romance Movie Spanning 50 Years
Forum | 2 days ago

Touch Trailer Previews Romance Movie Spanning 50 Years

Everything I Never Did: Mckenna Grace to Lead Teen Romance Drama
Forum | 3 days ago

Everything I Never Did: Mckenna Grace to Lead Teen Romance Drama