Transfer: Paul Parker claims EPL rival will not sign Man Utd star

Forum 10 months ago

Transfer: Paul Parker claims EPL rival will not sign Man Utd star

Former Manchester United defender, Paul Parker, has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur will not sign centre-back Harry Maguire just because he is friends with striker Harry Kane.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1ecf7a73db951af502096b554ad396be.jpg

Maguire joined Man United from Leicester City for £80 million in 2019.

The England international was handed Man United’s captain’s armband within six months of his arrival.

However, Maguire, who has been linked with a move to Tottenham this summer, fell down the pecking order after manager Erik ten Hag took the reins at Manchester United last summer.

But Parker now reckons that Maguire’s friendship with Kane will not get him a move to Tottenham.

“Tottenham has got a new manager and I don’t think he wants Maguire,” Parker told Bonus Code Bets.

“The story about Harry Kanes and Harry Maguire’s friendship doesn’t mean anything. I should have said when I was playing that I was best friends with Diego Maradona and then I could have got a move to Napoli.

“If a friendship is a reason why he wants to go to Tottenham, that is absolutely rubbish. Tottenham needs a centre-half that is better than Eric Dier and that’s not Harry Maguire. They might be on the same level, but as a club, you won’t achieve anything with either of them.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bomb strapped on young man in Plateau bank fake – Police
Forum | 2 hours ago

Bomb strapped on young man in Plateau bank fake – Police

Collapsed billboard claims 3 lives, injures 59 injured in India
Forum | 2 hours ago

Collapsed billboard claims 3 lives, injures 59 injured in India

Spider-Man Noir Live-Action Series to Star Nicolas Cage
Forum | 3 hours ago

Spider-Man Noir Live-Action Series to Star Nicolas Cage