Why Apostle Chibuzor Stopped Sponsoring Popular Security Guards - Filmmaker Lucky David Udu

Forum 10 months ago

Why Apostle Chibuzor Stopped Sponsoring Popular Security Guards - Filmmaker Lucky David Udu

A Nigerian filmmaker and activist, Lucky David Udu has opened up on why the General Overseer of Omega Power Ministries, Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere, stopped paying for the scholarship of popular security guards, better known as ‘Happie Boys’.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/893842b8eecdbcbb592ede4c149df499.jpg

This comes after the former Chicken Republic security staff took to social media to reveal that they were forced to drop out of school after six months due to lack of scholarship.

While sharing their chats with Apostle Chibuzor and how he ignored their messages for help on several occasions, they explained that getting a job in Cyprus has proved very difficult.

Reacting to this, Apostle Chibuzor in an audio making the rounds online expressed displeasure over the attitude of the security guards, and even placed a curse on them.

Reacting to the controversy generated by the revelation, Lucky Udu who claims to have direct access to Apostle Chibuzor in a post shared on Instagram said it became difficult to continue sponsoring the boys after the dollar rate skyrocketed.

He wrote: “I just spoke to the OPM pastor and he said that when dollar went up, things became difficult and he couldn’t sustain them, he adviced them to return to a Nigerian university or he sends them to Ghana or benin republic to continue their education. The burden became too much to bear but they didn’t understand nor listen.

“That man has too many responsibilities. Over 4000 students abroad. He sends the children to school and then, the parents cater for their children. Unfortunately, not everyone can cope with such opportunities.

“Some will spend all their opportunities thinking the man will provide everything for them. If their family can squeeze out something to sustain them, let them do so. I’m not judging those boys o but before the left Nigeria, they were dressing decently but after they left for Cyprus, they started dressing indecently and expensive when they fully know that they have no kobo compared to what the man of God can assist with. I feel for them.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Superman: James Gunn Shares First Look at David Corenswet in DCU Movie
Forum | 16 hours ago

Superman: James Gunn Shares First Look at David Corenswet in DCU Movie

David Lynch’s Unrecorded Night Was Canceled by Netflix, Still Might Be Made
Forum | 16 hours ago

David Lynch’s Unrecorded Night Was Canceled by Netflix, Still Might Be Made

EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: David Moyes’ replacement at West Ham revealed