Antonio Conte breaks silence on his future after Tottenham exit

Forum 10 months ago

Antonio Conte breaks silence on his future after Tottenham exit

Antonio Conte has revealed he would consider offers from 'Italy or abroad' after leaving Tottenham Hotspur earlier this year.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/91d94a7dfd128728b5137a4f341d2f81.jpg

The Italian parted ways from Spurs at the end of March following a string of disappointing results and an explosive press conference, following a dismal 3-3 draw with Southampton, in which he lashed out at his players and suggested that the club ownership lacked ambition.

While the statement released at the time of his departure stated that Conte had left by 'mutual agreement', during an awards ceremony in Italy this week the ex-Spurs manager said that it was his decision to leave the club, saying:

“The last experience, like all of them really, had some things that were positive and some less so. The experience was wonderful, we did the maximum possible and gave all that we had.

“When I arrived, the team was in eighth or ninth place, yet we qualified for the Champions League. Then this season, with the side in fourth position, I decided we should part ways with Tottenham. Some had decided to settle for less.”

Since his departure from Spurs, who recently appointed Ange Postecoglou in his stead, Conte has been heavily linked with a number of jobs throughout Europe including a return to Juventus or a move to Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.

Conte has discussed what his future holds, saying that he is open to a return to coaching: “I still have the desire to coach, that passion never goes. If it did, I would have to look inside myself and think that it was no longer right to continue doing this profession.

“Having said that, I am also not spasmodically searching for a new job. If something important and serious came along, that gave me motivation, then I would give it consideration, in Italy or abroad.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 1 day ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg
Forum | 4 days ago

Radio Silence Reveal Abigail’s Ready or Not Easter Egg