Alejandro Garnacho reacts to meeting Lionel Messi

Forum 10 months ago

Alejandro Garnacho reacts to meeting Lionel Messi

Alejandro Garnacho has admitted that rubbing shoulders alongside Lionel Messi 'doesn't seem real'.

The 18-year-old has been called into the Argentina senior setup and is in line to make his senior debut for the world champions during this month's round of internationals. La Albiceleste take on Australia and Indonesia in a pair of friendlies.

Garnacho has enjoyed a breakout season at Manchester United, announcing himself as one of the Premier League's brightest talents.

Speaking in Beijing ahead of their first match against Australia, Garnacho was asked how it felt to come into the squad alongside a national hero like Messi.

"I haven't spoken to Messi much. I've watched him on TV all my life and now he's right here, it's amazing. It doesn't seem real," he said.

While Garnacho is delighted to get the opportunity to play alongside Messi, he has previously admitted that rival Cristiano Ronaldo was his idol.

There have also been suggestions that Garnacho could switch allegiances back to Spain, who he previously represented at youth level. Under FIFA rules, he would be able to play these upcoming friendlies with Argentina but represent La Roja at a competitive level.

But the winger has moved to dispel these rumours, affirming his commitment to Argentina moving forward.

"I don't need to play three games. I'm here and if I don't make my debut on the tour, it doesn't matter. I know I want to be with Argentina and it's going to happen," Garnacho said.

"I want to make a career with the Argentine national team, if the coach trusts me I can keep coming. I want to be one more and take part in the Copa America, the qualifiers and the World Cup. I know that a lot of people in Argentina love me, appreciate me. I've already made the decision to play for Argentina, and I'm going to return that love on the pitch."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Phyna Reacts As Wizkid Fights Davido On Twitter
Forum | 2 days ago

Phyna Reacts As Wizkid Fights Davido On Twitter

Davido Reacts After Nkechi Blessing Revealed Reason Behind His Beef With Wizkid
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reacts After Nkechi Blessing Revealed Reason Behind His Beef With Wizkid

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape
Forum | 1 week ago

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape