I begged but Ten Hag rejected my request to play in World Cup – Alejandro Garnacho

Forum 10 months ago

I begged but Ten Hag rejected my request to play in World Cup – Alejandro Garnacho

Manchester United forward, Alejandro Garnacho, has revealed that manager, Erik ten Hag personally rejected his request to end his Red Devils season early to play for Argentina at the recently concluded Under-20 FIFA World Cup.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/596f0f8d051f075ee40b4b73812b7ba2.jpg

Garnacho was initially included in Javier Mascherano’s squad for the U-20 World Cup tournament, which began in May and ended last Sunday but the Argentine required permission from Ten Hag.

The 18-year-old attacker was recovering from an ankle injury at the time of the call-up but was keen to represent Argentina.

However, Garnacho was denied a chance to feature at the tournament following talks with Ten Hag and the youngster ended up featuring in Man United’s final four games of the Premier League season as well as the defeat to Manchester City in the FA Cup final.

“I missed the World Cup because the competitions in Manchester were still going on,” Garnacho told TyC Sports.

“I spoke a lot with the coach and I asked, ‘Please allow me to be there’, but he told me that I couldn’t.

“I followed it on TV just the same as if I was there.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane breaks record as Bayern Munich play 2-2 with Real Madrid

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley
Forum | 2 days ago