Dani Alves to remain in prison as court denies him bail

Forum 10 months ago

Dani Alves to remain in prison as court denies him bail

Former Brazil full-back, Dani Alves was on Monday denied bail, as the investigation into an allegation of sexual assault continues.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3cd0f244dab26bfbbcfe479a7b6ccf92.jpg

The 40-year-old was arrested in January 2023 over the alleged sexual assault of a woman in a Barcelona nightclub on December 30, 2022.

The accusation led to his contract with Mexican side Pumas UNAM terminated.

The Barcelona court have repeatedly denied requests from the Alves’ defence that he be freed on bail while the investigation continues. One such refusal came as early as February, with the most recent coming last month.

It was ruled again today that Alves will remain in jail, after review of footage put forward by the defence showing alleged flirting with the accuser.

However, this evidence was dismissed, after the court ruled that flirting should not “in any way justify an eventual sexual assault”.

Alves remains in custody and has reportedly been declared a flight risk, despite the defence being willing to give up his passports and install a tracking device.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 12 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello