Christopher Nkunku explains how he can help Chelsea forward line

Forum 10 months ago

Christopher Nkunku explains how he can help Chelsea forward line

Christopher Nkunku has discussed where he could fit in at Chelsea, revealing that he'd be happy to play anywhere across the frontline at the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7fdba8ec70286a490b73bb5756c17198.jpg

The France international is set to join Chelsea this summer after the Blues struck a deal with RB Leipzig last summer, agreeing to pay above the £53m release clause which was set to become active in Nkunku's contract this summer to ensure they did not miss out on his signature.

The deal has not yet been publicly confirmed but a formal announcement is expected imminently.

Nkunku spent four successful seasons at Leipzig after making a move from PSG in 2019, scoring 70 goals for the German club in all competitions and winning two DFB-Pokals - one of which in his expected final game for the club.

Speaking to the press ahead of international duty with France this week, Nkunku was asked about his future, and hinted at what position he'd like to play in at Stamford Bridge: "I am focused on this gathering with Les Bleus. Everything that happens after, we will have time to think.

"I play where the coach decides. I don’t want to be a problem but a solution. But I can be up front, in support behind or on the wings. I have this ability to adapt - I like to be free."

The forward is set to join the Blues in a period of massive transition for the club. 90min understands that Chelsea are keen to sell 12-14 first-team players, with the club currently having over 40 first-team players on the books.

Christian Pulisic, Mason Mount, N'Golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic are among the players who look set to leave the club this summer.

Chelsea have also recently appointed Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager, with the former PSG and Tottenham manager signing a two-year deal at Stamford Bridge.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 5 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 5 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino