'I'm going to Miami with Messi!' - Sergio Aguero celebrates Man City treble

Forum 10 months ago

'I'm going to Miami with Messi!' - Sergio Aguero celebrates Man City treble

Manchester City legend Sergio Aguero has joked that he will join up with Lionel Messi in Miami after the club completed the treble.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/532337eecfa615d6f2ad08f47b29b893.jpg

The Citizens at long last got their hands on the UEFA Champions League after beating Inter 1-0 in this season's final. Rodri's 68th-minute strike was all that separated the two sides at the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul.

Their success in the European Cup follows on from their triumphs in the Premier League and FA Cup this season, ensuring that they have become just the second English team to achieve such a feat - Manchester United were the first side to win all three competitions in the same year back in 1998/99.

Aguero left Man City in 2021 following their first ever Champions League final appearance - a surprise 1-0 defeat at the hands of Chelsea. He then joined Barcelona but had to retire months later at the advice of doctors due to his cardiac health.

The former striker, who most famously scored the last-gasp goal to win Man City their first Premier League title in 2012, has continued supporting the club on social media and while live-streaming following his retirement.

Aguero was part of an Argentine broadcast, which also included ex-Man City teammate Carlos Tevez, for Saturday's final, and he later joined up with the UK's BT Sport show post-match.

"First, I am so happy, I want to see this, that moment," Aguero said. "The last Champions League [final], we lose. Now, I'm so happy because finally it's for Man City."

Aguero was briefly by match-winner Rodri, who said that the 35-year-old is a 'f***ing legend'.

"Thank you everyone, thank you Man City, I love City," Aguero continued, before teasing another former colleague in Mario Balotelli on the BT Sport punditry team.

"I forget English now!" he laughed in Balotelli's direction. "I'm going to Miami now with Messi, eh!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 18 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

rri Pikin Celebrates RMD As He Visits Her Family
Forum | 21 hours ago

rri Pikin Celebrates RMD As He Visits Her Family

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie