Pep Guardiola sets managerial history with Man City treble

Forum 10 months ago

Pep Guardiola sets managerial history with Man City treble

Pep Guardiola has become the first manager to win the treble with two different teams.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5a676c5c06ac42392bd9a6029abc0b96.jpg

His Manchester City side completed their haul of trophies for the 2022/23 season with a 1-0 victory against Inter in the UEFA Champions League final on Saturday night, with Rodri scoring the winning goal.

Man City managed to topple Arsenal to wrestle back top spot in the Premier League this term, with the Gunners surrendering the title having been top for 248 days - a record for a team that did not finish first.

They then ousted rivals Manchester United in the FA Cup final last week. A brace from Ilkay Gundogan either side of a Bruno Fernandes penalty saw the Citizens win at Wembley.

The Citizens' exploits this term mean that Guardiola stands alone in history as the only manager to have won the treble on two different occasions and with two different teams.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 23 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances