SPORT2023 Ballon d’Or: Haaland in prime position to win after Man City’s Treble

Forum 10 months ago

SPORT2023 Ballon d’Or: Haaland in prime position to win after Man City’s Treble

Manchester City striker, Erling Haaland has boosted his chances of winning this year’s Ballon d’Or award, after the team won the Treble this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9471dbfb4df8ff29891501c11d9f68d1.jpg

Pep Guardiola’s men defeated Inter Milan 1-0 in Istanbul on Saturday night to lift the Champions League final trophy.

Last weekend, City saw off Manchester Untied 1-0 at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

They had overhauled Arsenal to clinch their third successive Premier League title, powered by Haaland’s 36 goals in 38 matches.

Haaland has now become the first outright Premier League Golden Boot winner to also win the Champions League final since Cristiano Ronaldo did it with Manchester United in 2007-08.

The Norway striker scored a total of 52 goals in his debut season in England. This makes him the top scorer across Europe’s top leagues.

Haaland will, however, have to contend with departing Paris Saint-Germain forward, Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe for the Ballon d’Or prize.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 20 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances