Why UEFA won’t allow Man City wear Champions League trophy next season

Forum 10 months ago

Why UEFA won’t allow Man City wear Champions League trophy next season

Manchester City will not get the honour of wearing the Champions League trophy on their shirts next season, despite winning the trophy on Saturday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/479173697cade873135014f6c53cb326.jpg

City completed the Treble by defeating Inter Milan 1-0 in Istanbul.

Rodri’s second-half goal proved to be decisive, although Ederson produced some key saves late on.

But despite winning the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history, a badge of the trophy won’t be on the sky blue City shirt next season.

That is because the UEFA Badge of Honour is not handed out just for winning Europe’s top competition once.

It was introduced at the start of the 2000/2001 season. To wear the famous trophy, clubs have to win a European title either five times or three times in succession.

That means only Barcelona, Liverpool, Ajax, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Real Madrid can wear it.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 20 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’