Wednesday Star Percy Hynes Issues Statement Amid Sexual Assault Allegations

Forum 10 months ago

Wednesday Star Percy Hynes Issues Statement Amid Sexual Assault Allegations

Wednesday star Percy Hynes White has responded to various allegations made against him, calling any and all claims “misinformation” in a statement.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5cdd17d0805ea48c54f41379a0ee22c2.jpg

In an Instagram story published on Tuesday (via Variety), Hynes White labeled allegations against him as “a campaign of misinformation” by somebody Hynes White claims to have never met. While he wasn’t specific in what was being said, it’s likely he is referring to sexual assault allegations made against him earlier this year.

“Earlier this year, somebody I’ve never met started a campaign of misinformation about me online. Because of this, my family has been doxxed, and my friends have received death threats,” Hynes White wrote in his story “Underage photos of me were used, and examples of me acting in character were presented as hateful. My friend Jane was falsely portrayed as a victim, and her attempts to set the record straight have been ignored. She gave me permission to include her in this message.”

Hynes White went on to call the rumors “false” and said that he cannot accept that there is someone portraying him as “bigoted, or criminally negligent of people’s safety.”

“The rumors are false. I can’t accept the portrayal of me as someone bigoted, or criminally negligent of people’s safety. These are the kind of baseless, harmful claims that can create mistrust toward victims,” said Hynes White. “It’s very distressing to know that this misinformation has upset people. I’m really thankful for everyone who’s stood by me and helped share the facts. Harassment of my family, friends and coworkers needs to stop please. Thank you for taking the time to read this.”

Earlier this year in January, a Twitter user alleged that Hynes White had assaulted her at a party he hosted in Toronto. The tweet also claimed that Hynes White had assaulted other women and that he and his friends would routinely throw parties and provide alcohol and drugs to underage girls. The tweet has since been deleted but did cause other stories to come out.

“He would pursue, have sex with, abuse and get my friend high who was 13/14 at the time,” read the tweet at the time. “Last time I knew they had sex she was 16 and he was 20. He assaulted me at one of those parties awhile I was too drunk, and he had cornered and pressured and assaulted multiple of my friends.”

Hynes White starred in the first season of Wednesday as Xavier Thorpe, a fellow student at Nevermore Academy and love interest to Wednesday Addams (Jenna Ortega). While fans had petitioned for him to be removed from Season 2, it’s unclear if he will return as of yet.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 2 days ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Reportedly Adds Steve Buscemi
Forum | 2 days ago

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Reportedly Adds Steve Buscemi

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 2 days ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 2 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker